Things You Can See From Satellite

 Things You Can See From Satellite

Technology is getting pretty amazing these days. I have always loved telescopes and astronomy. I have also loved traveling. I especially like being able to view objects, back here on earth, from satellite, whether they are man-made or natural. Something really cool you can see from space or from satellite are the Pyramids of Giza, as seen here from satellite. Built thousands of years ago by Egyptians, it's one of the few Seven Wonders of the World.
 Another man made structure that you can see from satellite is the Roman Colosseum, seen here. Built almost 2,000 years ago in Rome, Italy and arguably the crowning architectural achievement of the Roman Empire, it's also large enough to see from satellite. I haven't been lucky enough to visit Italy in my lifetime, but thanks to technology, I can still view it.

 Another thing that can be easily seen from satellite is the Barringer Crater in Arizona. It is believed that about 50,000 years ago a meteor measuring over 150 feet, collided with Earth. All they ever found was a comparatively small chunk of the meteor. But we can all see the huge impact crater, thanks to the marvelous technology of satellite images.

 Back in the 1930's they dammed the Colorado River on the border of Arizona and Nevada. It was a huge undertaking at the time, considering. The dam is called Hoover Dam or Boulder Dam. The Hoover Dam can also be seen from satellite.
Stonehenge can also be seen from satellite. The actual stone structure that you can see now was built around 2600 BC, but Stonehenge has been an ancient site for much longer than that, experts say. I have never visited it, but I can, via satellite images.

The Statue of Liberty is famous for being one of the first things immigrants or visitors from other countries see as they come to America. Now we can all see the Statue of Liberty from the same vantage point as aliens from outer space, if they ever come to visit! A spaceship "eye view" of the Statue of Liberty is now possible, thanks to satellites, orbiting the Earth.
 I have never been to Paris either, but that doesn't stop me from viewing the Eiffel Tower from satellite, as seen clearly here.
 The RMS Queen Mary can also be seen by satellite.The RMS Queen Mary was built in Great Britain in the 1930's and could carry over 2,100 passengers. Quite a feat for an ocean liner back in those days.From these satellite images, of the Queen Mary, that is docked in Long Beach California, we can marvel at the engineering of a structure so large, for that time period.
The Pentagon is another interesting man-made object that you can easily recognize via satellite imaging. The clarity of the Pentagon building images are amazing.

I am constantly on the lookout for things that I can view from satellite. Some famous things that I would like to see, don't actually show up, as well as I would've thought. If you know of something that is clearly visible from satellite, that I have left out, please leave me a comment and let me know!

Other Things You Can See From Satellite