What is Google TV?

What is Google TV?

I recently went to my local computer and television retail store to check out the new Google TV. I wasn't disappointed in what I found. They have a Sony 40" Led for 800 $. That may sound steep at first but when you consider the price of 40" flat screens, coupled with the new innovation, its very reasonable.



Google TV is a television that can surf the web and much more. You can watch your favorite TV show and tweet someone. You can watch a football game and watch Youtube sports bloopers, all at the same time. You can surf the net on a 40" flat screen or watch TV or both.


Google TV comes with all sorts of applications like Twitter, Napster and Pandora and many others just to name a few. It comes with a choice of 2 keyboards. One is like a small version of a regular keyboard and the other is similar to a game controller.


You will need an Internet Service of course. You can also just buy a Google TV box if you have a new TV that can allow it. It needs the newer ports. The box at the store I went to were around 300 $ , so I think the TV combined is the best deal.


The chance of some other companies competing with Google TV are at least a few years down the road in my opinion, so I don't expect the product to get much cheaper in the near future. However Google TV promises to make free updates to the product as it evolves. That's a great deal in my book. I would love to buy an electronic product that gets better over time, for free!

I sure hope Santa reads this! Google TV is what I want for Christmas!